Friday, September 24, 2010

Book List! Giggles.

My sinus infection cleared up around Tuesday. I was very happy about that. So for those that were concerned-- be not anymore! My guild in World of Warcraft has decided not to post anything for this week's raid schedule. So I decided to pug Icecrown Citadel 10-man with a few of my friends. There was a bit of drama, but nothing that we cannot simple pour down the drain. I have been playing around with parses. And by playing around, I simply mean discovering how it actually works. I have registered for World of Logs and WoW Web Stats. I have their clients set up on my computer. What I need to figure out now is how to save my combat logs without them over-writing. I have a theory that I probably would just have to manually go into my WoW folder and rename the .txt file myself. Since I am still new to the whole scheme of things, I keep forgetting to type in /combatlog before I log out of the game for the night. D'oh!

I am happy to announce that after three weeks worth of waiting, I got an e-mail from my coordinator regarding my teaching methods placement for this semester. I am to observe tenth graders for a local (and nearby) school. I have just called the school today and left a message for my cooperating teacher to get back to me with. The secretary of the school seemed very cheerful-- though I am contemplating that it was probably because I messed up on the teacher's name, mistakenly calling her Bridget Jones. But we both got a laugh out of it! Things are looking quite well for me this week, it seems!

I am currently working on a few text-based assignments for my methods classes. Currently, I need to finish my galley book (which I will have to write a review to "sell" for an assignment) called Soulstice: The Devouring, Book 2, by Simon Holt. According to my professor, galleys are books that are in the process for being published as "real" books/novels... or something along that line. Knowing very well that I would probably not give the best description, I have decided to look it up on the internet.
From Publishing Central; "A galley is simply a collection of unbound signature pages. A bound galley is a galley that has been bound into book form. Bound galleys are generally produced after a manuscript has been typeset but before proofreading, and are used by publicists to send to book reviewers, distributors and book clubs that like to see a copy of the book three or four months before its official publication date."
From Yahoo Answers (user: skokiesam); "Book galleys are also called "bound galleys" and are the bane of my existence. It is an author's manuscript after it has been copyedited and typeset. It is usually (unless I have no time to do so) the already-proofread pass of the interior. The typeface and design are usually final (they have to be before the pages are run out), although the front matter (title page, half title page) may not be. It will not be the final copy of the book that is released in bookstores."
So far, I am enjoying this galley. I have never read Book 1 before (in fact, I just randomly picked this galley out of the selection available a week ago). I'm almost done, so there may be in fact an upcoming entry about it later on.


I have decided to comprise my own book list. Though it is perhaps not what you may think. Rather, I have many books that I have decided that I would like to read. I will have to find some way to post the list of books to this blog. And because of the timing, I find it very relevant... since Christmas time is just around the corner (give or take a few months, tee hee).

Hmm... Cataclysm is coming, too. Oh, but my boyfriend and I have already ordered the collector's edition ages ago! And Yuki has already claimed to borrow my music CD. Yes, Yuki. I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment