Tuesday, December 28, 2010

I hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas. I spent mine at my own home, rather than visiting my boyfriend's house every Christmas for dinner. An unexpected event happened at my house on Christmas Eve; my house was broken into, turning the third floor upside down. My family and I lost a lot, which even by mentioning to anybody, would perhaps not be enough. I'm not sure what will happen within the next couple of weeks, or months even. Yes, it sounds dramatic, but things like this happen and it changes many perspectives within people. The local police said that there has been a string of events dealing with Chinese business owners. All of them have had their homes robbed. As a matter of fact, just a couple days ago, another Chinese family with a business on the same street had their home broken into.

This isn't to break anybody's spirits. I am grateful that my family is safe and sound. It was a Happy Christmas; even though such happenings occurred. We were surrounded by family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment